This is the oldest palace built by the Dutch outside the Kingdom of Holland. The palace was built by a Dutch merchant in 1744. Later, it was renovated with a magnificent lawn and a number of reforms. The palace served as the official residence of Dutch Governor.
In 1909, the palace was purchased by the King of Cochin for the English East India Company. The palace was the residence of British governors during the British rule. When India gained independence in 1947, the palace became part of the Bharatiya dynasty. KTDC This palace took over in 1976. Later it started to be used as a hotel. The magnificent palace is also home for the shooting of Malayalam films. In 2001, KTDC renovated this palace with a cost of Rs 5.1 crore
How to Reach:
The nearest airport is Cochin International Airport which is 30 km from the palace.
Nearest railway stations: Ernakulam Jn, about 6 Km/Ernakulam Town, about 5 Km
Nearest bus terminal: Ernakulam, about 5 Km