Hill Palace, built in 1865, is the largest archaeological museum in Kerala and the administrative center of Cochin. The palace consists of 49 buildings in the local style of 54 acres and includes the Hill Palace Archaeological Museum, Heritage Museum, Deer Park, Prehistoric Park and Children’s Park. There are many medicinal plants around the palace. The Museum Hill Palace is now open to the public for days on Mondays. The Hill Palace is located at a distance of 14 km from Kochi. Hill Palace was built in 1865 by the Maharaja Of Cochin using his personal wealth.
The palace was handed over to the Government of Kerala by the Cochin Royal Family in 1980. The palace was taken over by the Archaeological Department of the Hill Palace in the year 1986. The famous Malayalam movie depicted various movies including Manichitrathazhu at the palace. The museum was opened in 1991. At present, there are 11 galleries. The museum has a collection of ancient artifacts, sculptures, coins, coins and materials belonging to Cochin Maharaja and his royal family.
How to Reach:
Nearest airport: Nedumbassery International Airport, about 32 km.
Nearest railway station: Tripunithura Railway Station, about 2 km.
About 12 km from Ernakulam, this palace could be reached by bus or by auto rickshaw.